Creating a Workers' Compensation Process

Workers’ compensation costs can be directly influenced by employers. This piece explains the value of becoming actively involved in the management of WC related issues.

IRS Issues Notice 2015-52 on Cadillac Tax Implementation

On July 30, 2015, the IRS issued Notice 2015-52 to continue the process of developing guidance to implement the Cadillac tax. Notice 2015-52 addresses additional issues under the Cadillac tax, including who is liable, employer aggregation and notice and payment of the tax. Proposed or final regulations have not been issued. This Health Care Reform Bulletin provides an overview of Notice 2015-52.

Penalties Increased for Section 6055 and Section 6056 Reporting Violations

On June 29, 2015, President Obama signed the Trade Preferences Extension Act of 2015 into law, which increases penalties for the failure to file correct information returns or to provide individual statements under either Section 6055 or Section 6056. These changes are effective for information returns and individual statements required to be filed or provided after Dec. 31, 2015. This Health Care Reform Bulletin provides the increased penalty amounts, as well as action items for employers.